How do we deal with judgment in a time where our thoughts are so easily being amplified?
Being told we are restricted to what to do and where we can go can cause us to feel like we are caged in.
This alone is enough to trigger old energetic patterns inside us that cause us to react to people and circumstances in all sorts of crazy ways.
Our unconscious wounds get activated during times like we are in right now and it becomes so easy to project our negative thoughts or feelings at those around us.
We can be annoyed at the politicians for destroying the economy, people who don’t seem to give a sh!t about precautions, our family members who we are stuck at home with, or pretty much anything that triggers us.
The first thing to know about this is that judgment is normal. It’s what the socially conditioned mind is conditioned to do.
However, when we let it control our words, moods and behavior then it becomes detrimental to us and can be very toxic in our relationships.
Here are some ways that we can reduce the negative impact of judgment in our lives:
- Judgment is natural and we are doing it all the time so it’s not a ‘bad’ thing, it’s just the way the mind works.
- If we like something or don’t like something both are based on judgment so don’t sweat it – like or don’t like away!
- When we judge we are stuck in our head. The way out is to take a few slow, deep breaths into our belly and notice how our mind and body relax almost instantly.
- Practice becoming aware of your judgment and instead of judging it – accept it. By NOT judging that we judge we stop the dynamics that cause us to get pissed off or upset and instead grants us the opportunity to be at one with ourselves.
- Forgive yourself and others. When we forgive ourselves for judging then it makes it easier to forgive others. No-one is doing anything too us, they are simply acting out their own wounds. We get to choose to forgive and move on.
The real secret to becoming free from the judgmental mind is to spend time each day not in it.
The best way I have found to do that is through meditation.
Meditation helps us to step back from the busy (judgmental) mind and connect to ourselves at a deeper level of oneness and love.
It’s when we truly allow ourselves to deepen our connection to our heart and being that the mind has less power over us to cause havoc in our lives.